- Are you tired of the headaches associated with Insurance/Medicare billing and regulation?
- Want to spend more time with each patient, less time on paperwork, and treat them the way You feel is best?
- Are you concerned about the ongoing decline in reimbursements for your services?
A “yes” to any of these questions means you are in the right place. This site will be continually fed with information on how to create a cash-based practice and/or add private-pay services in order to remedy the above-mentioned challenges. For a FREE eBook on Cash-Based PT & Medicare, and other useful information not on this site, drop your email to the right and click “Send It Now.”
Next, scroll down and enjoy.
Podcast: Play in new window
This episode is an interview of Nancy Beckley of Nancy Beckley and Associates, a rehab compliance consulting firm. We get into the nitty-gritty of HIPAA (and also Medicare) as it relates to a cash-based practice. She fields my questions for over an hour and absolutely fills us with the info we need to protect ourselves and our practices.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- What exactly is HIPAA and why does it exist
- How to determine if your practice is a “Covered Entity” and must comply with all the laws and regulations of HIPAA
- If you are a covered entity, and what to use an eFax, some important considerations for finding the right HIPAA-compliant system.
- HIPAA-compliant texting software, and when something like this is necessary if you are texting/emailing about patients with other providers.
- The HIPAA Omnibus changes and how they may have opened the door (in some scenarios) to provide covered services to a Medicare Beneficiary on a cash-pay basis.
- The Jimmo vs Sebelius case on “Medical Necessity” and how it affects our ability to see Medicare Beneficiaries on a cash-pay basis for certain types of services. Continue reading “CBP 017: Determining if your Cash Practice is a HIPAA Covered Entity and How HIPAA may Open the Door to Cash Paying Medicare Beneficiaries” »